Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swift


I just created an entire outfit based on the bird to the left, a whiskered tree swift. Beautiful birds, I cannot get enough of them! I love everything about their design and movements and voices.

What, you say, but something in the name of the bird seems familiar. Almost as if it's relatable to a character's surname in SoF! Even the colors seem to be in common!

Ah, says I. You'll just have to wait and see ;)

I encourage, as a writing or drawing exercise, to take a bird with multicolored plumage and see what you can make of it in regards to an outfit. Can you manage all of the colors while still getting the idea across? What about keeping certain, stronger characteristics?
Its a fun challenge!


6 comments:

  1. It is seriously unbelievable how beautiful that little sucker can be. I mean, I've always heard of swifts, but I never saw this cutie!

    Lonlor Swift > Taylor Swift (though if it comes to music, Taylor has him beat, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well, to be fair, I had him named before she was ever famous, so I win? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what just happened. I clicked "follow" again and now there's some picture of me NOT under the "follow" section, though maybe that's just on my comp. This is absurd.

    I love that took outfit cues from the bird, and I'm also in NO WAY surprised that you'd do such a thing. hahaha. How very you of you.

    Also what a fab picture.

    Also, how'd you get the text to be on the side of the image? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck. Oh, no, thats Andy Stedman, not you, haha. You're still not on there :( Maybe sign out and then sign back in? I dunno!

    Haha, thank yooou. It IS very me of me! I'm such a bird watcher!

    Oh, when you upload from URLs, it asks you where you would like the text!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I'm treating your blog like it's your facebook wall. hahaha. Like, "OMG, THOUGHTS, HERE: blahblah". BUT, I wanted to say that I love your manuscript counter up at the top right corner. It's excellent and I feel makes the blog tres official. haha

    Dude and the costume making is so you because of that and because EEEEEEVERYTHING must have a reason and meaning. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, dude, I AM FOR IT. Oh good, I'm glad you like it! I thought it did so as welll. It makes me happy :D

    Hahhaa. I CAN'T HELP IT. *sobs* it's a curse. These people can't get DRESSED without being draped in symbolism

    ReplyDelete